HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

day three of the twelve days of Christmas ornament swap

You know....
tinsel makes me happy!
I forgot how much until I opened my package from JoAnna Periotti.
I must admit, JoAnnA knows EXACTLY what makes my heart go pitter patter....
 My ornament came wrapped in a vintage envelope addressed to Mr. Arthur D. Shamp who lived in Louisiana in the year of 1921.
How ccol is that?
Each of our ornaments were a signature soldered creation of JoAnnA's.
Of course they were adorned with bits and pieces of vintage seam binding, soft silk tulle, and old mother of pearl buttons.
She stamped our initial on the vintage charlotte doll picture inside,
then covered her with a glass prism blanket that she made look just like vintage mercury glass.
Just below she attached/soldered a small loop of silver ball chain, which has more softness made with hand-dyed silk, tulle, net and a small mop button. 
So now, here she is...all laid on top of my favorite white chippy topped stool. 
She looks beautiful there doesn't she?
But, you know where she is now...happily hanging on my Christmas tree destined to become another one of my very favorites!!
Thank you JoAnnA.
I LOVE it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane. You sure now how to make something simple sound so delightful. Thank you for your kind words. What a blessing to have you in with us this year. It really is a fun group and such tradition. Can't wait to share your ornie with the world. xoxoox

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Ohhh how beautiful! And so thoughtful :)

Debbie said...

How very beautiful she is!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

Debbie
x0x0x

steufel said...

Oh my heart goes pitter patter just from looking at that great ornament! Thxs for sharing!

Daryl said...

Another winner

Alice said...

What a gorgeous ornament! I can't imagine the work that went into making all these.

Love the idea of using an old envelope to hold this special piece. I love how much thought went into making this special.

stregata said...

So wonderful!

Seth said...

It is as much fun to see how each of the participants photograph and blog the ornaments as it is to see the actual ornaments.