HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Friday, August 19, 2011

Fannie & Fairy

Fannie and Fairy were twins, separated at birth.
Fairy lived a fairy tale life in a big city in California.  
She took ballet lessons and learned how to play the piano.  
Fairy took years of art lessons, learning how to paint and draw and how to stretch her creative wings, from the time she was 6 years old.
Fannie lived a modest life far down a country road outside a small town in Texas.
Little did each one know that they had a sister.  Let alone a twin sister!
But one day in August of 2011, they found out the truth....as Fannie came to town.
When Fannie was a little girl, she longed to live in the big city.
She dreamed of the bright lights and big tall buildings.  
She desperately wanted someone to play with, who lived right around the corner from a house in town where she lived with her parents.
Someone to ride bicycles with and to go shopping with at the nearby mall. 
She longed to take art lessons...lots and lots of art lessons.
And, certainly would have loved to take ballet and piano lessons. 
Fairy longed to live in the country, where she could breath pure country air.  
Where she could take a simple cane pole and run down to the bottom to fish for perch in a creek that ran through the woods.
She longed to live on a ranch where she could ride horses and raise lambs to show at the county fair.  She wanted to climb trees to her heart's desire.
Each one longed to live the other ones life.
Imagine that...if you will.
Somehow I can relate.
I longed to be a girl like Fairy.
Fannie's not dreaming any more =) 
*****
Thank you JoAnnA for sharing your knowledge of doll making with me.
I am so glad I came to play with you in your beautiful studio in Phoenix!
 I ♥ed every minute!
(p.s. JoAnnA and I are not really twins *wink* =)
* Fairy designed by JoAnna, Fannie designed by Diane *

18 comments:

gretchen said...

the 'twins' have the sweetest faces and i love the vintage bits for clothing...really nice work!

Lovey said...

Oh I love their clothing! Beautiful....

Lee Rider said...

thank you for a wonderful fanciful fairy tale beautifully told, the country life was just preparing you for this new adventure... how fun for all of us to share in your journeys

leerideram

In the Light of the Moon said...

You have added so much detail and so much love into every corner of these magical dolls.They are just to sweet for words.Hugs,Cat

Andrea said...

What wonderful fairy babies!!

Renee Troy said...

She's fabulously wonderful, Diane! A forever treasure.

Chris said...

Charming! How can you not smile when you see their winsome faces? And the fabrics~~delish!

Debbie said...

Wow what a beautiful story and job you have done on your dolls. I just love Mosshill and every thing that JoAnn creates.

You are both such amazing ARTISTS!!!

Debbie
x0x0

Esther said...

your dolls are ... Magnifiques!! so vintage !! i love them!

Cassy said...

Very cute dolls of yours.

Cassy from Learn Electric Guitar

Diana said...

Oh my goodness ...I just love these little girlies! You did such a fantastic job on her Diane. How fun to learn new techniques and to spend time with such a talented artist like JoAnnA.
Hugs
Diana

Anonymous said...

Oh Diane, what a precious story. Fairy misses Fannie. She'll be waiting for their next visit. She has always wondered how a Texas Country girls lives. Inspired by our time together, I've created a couple of more the same size and put in my shop. I might be addicted to the "little" ones now.
Fairy kisses - joAnnA

Cindy said...

Diane, loved this post! What a natural story-teller you are. And a natural fairy maker. :-) My goodness, I've never seen dolls like these before. I would love to take a class with JoAnn one day....I wouldn't know where to begine. Both of your dolls are just incredible - the painted details, the tattered fabrics and ribbons - love every inch of them both.

Cindy said...

Diane, loved this post! What a natural story-teller you are. And a natural fairy maker. :-) My goodness, I've never seen dolls like these before. I would love to take a class with JoAnn one day....I wouldn't know where to begine. Both of your dolls are just incredible - the painted details, the tattered fabrics and ribbons - love every inch of them both.

martha brown said...

Oh,they are beautiful, Diane! I love Fannie!

kansasrose said...

OH Diane...Enchanting....everything you touch, do, create is magical. Love your dolls, and the <3 of the crafter.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness they are adorable! I love the little story behind them. What a fun class! Your work is amazing and inspiring.

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh wow, they turned out soooo cute Diane, awesome job!! I just want to hold and kiss those two little babies! Riki oxoxo