HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh, what fun we had in Warrenton!

You might see a bumper sticker in Texas that says something like this:

I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.

Yes, I am here to crow about it. Just as I have a time or two or three before....
The tents, buildings, and side venues were a feast for the eyes, not to mention the senses. You just had to be there~really!

Look at the vintage rhinestone clasps I found. They made my heart sing!

My daughter and I spent one FULL blissful day roaming the tent-filled fields in and around the town of Warrenton. Each one full of antiques & oddities, and everything in~between ~ visiting vendors we see twice a year ~ eating great Texas food ~ enjoying the feeling you get when you breath in pure country air ~ but most of all, enjoying our time together! This has become such a special tradition for us, and my joy is that she now looks forward to and enjoys it as much as I do.

Believe me when I say....this is only a glimpse of what we saw.

Jill Suzanne is a must stop for us. I take the most fun pictures in her tent! And, we both ALWAYS buy a thing or two there. Her prices are great. This time I bought a vintage door knob to use as a card holder. Just lookie .....















A vendor from Fort Worth had rolls and rolls of vintage seam binding. This was my hardest decision of the day.....deciding which color(s) to buy.

See what I mean.


This is what I brought home after looking thru binds and buckets of~


....these.



I loved this tag and the ticking covered pillow. It brought me back to a time in my childhood, when my mother and grandmother would get together to make our bed pillows. They used goose feathers, taken off of the goose by the scalding method. Now that is a smell I can still remember today.

One really neat thing we do at each festival, is to find a mirror to take our picture in. I can't tell you how fun it is! This was the most deliciously beautiful vignette, nestled back in one part of our favorite tents. There were twinkly lights everywhere, and the aura was simply divine. The vendor told me he could remember the first time he had a booth at the festival~ which was 12 years ago. This was the same tent where I bought the seam binding...and I still didn't get the name. I must do that in September!

15 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Looks like ya'll had loads of fun!! We have a chicken like that in front of the shop..hubby's b-day prezzie last year :) Thanks for sharin' your finds with us.

Seth said...

Wow. This looks awesome. Some great photographs of some great finds!

Fanciful Expressions said...

Oooooh what fun you must have had, Diane. Your pictures look great. How I would love to go there someday.

Carolyn

Deryn Mentock said...

Look at you two cute things! I know you had a terrific time!

Riki Schumacher said...

Yeeehaaaawww! Great photos, fabulous stuff! I am so jealous. We have got to come down for this shindig! Can't wait to see you tomorrow, what fun we will have in LA this weekend.

pam q said...

Oh my. I keep seeing pictures all over the blogs from the Texas events and it boggles my little mind! I don't think I even partly comprehend......

Trust me, we have nothing even remotely like it up here in SoDak!

Can I come along next year? I promise I would behave. I could carry all your loot. Make runs for cold drinks. Whatever.

& I loved your mirror picture! You both are so cute---you have the same smile!

michele g. said...

Man, how come it is that I go to Warrenton twice a year and don't find the same things that everybody else is finding. What treasures you found. Next time I'm just going have to fallow some of you ladies around Warrenton.

M

Cindy said...

What a wonderful day....really looked like my idea of a dream day! You've been up to some fun adventures lately! Can't wait to see what you're up to next...

A bird in the hand said...

You lucky you!
It sure looks like a place I would love.....

Deborah Truesdell said...

Diane,

If we couldn't be there with you, this post was the next best thing! Thanks for sharing your treasures and smiles with us!

Hugs,
Deborah

Susan Tuttle said...

oooooooooo -- you went to Warrenton!!! I surely wish I could have tagged along to this famous, heavenly junking spot! What treasures my dear!

:)
xo

Anonymous said...

oh way too much to comment on ... love that tag too, oh and my grandmother used to make pillows out of ticking or whatever scraps she had and they filled the pillows with chicken feathers mostly since they didn't have many geese. The chicken feathers went inside some of the quilts too. Great memories is right!
I LOVE all these wonderful photos you took -- outstanding and they should be used for a promotional brochure. So glad you and your daughter had such a grand time together.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

The picture you took of the pillow and cute tag was in my booth. Hope you'll stop by and see all the Warrenton posts I've done and still have several more to go. Just found your blog, wish I'd have known you had a blog, would have invited you out to the blog party. I too am a huge fan of Jill Suzanne and she's a friend as well. Maybe you'll come back in the Fall, Theresa

beautifullybrokenme said...

What awesome finds! I can't think of a better way to spend the day then to be free to dig through vintage treasures!

:-) Molly

Country Girl said...

Oh, what fun! I love the tradition of taking the photo in a mirror. Was this in Warrenton, VA? I used to live there, many years ago (if it was).