HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Monday, December 10, 2012

Hoping in....

"Loves Hope"
I love a good challenge.
It truly always pushes me into a direction I would not take otherwise.
This challenge once again proved the same.
A couple of months ago, Carmi Cimicata of Resin Crafts asked if I'd like to participate in a blog hop featuring a new line, called Instant Glam, within a line of products called 
She sent a couple of components, one of which was a silver bezel.
I chose to use it for the hop!
 I had found this gorgeous rhinestone necklace at the antique festival this past Spring.
I knew it was destined for beauty.
I first oxidized the bezel, as it was much too shiny for me.
Then I sanded it a bit, just before I added a couple soft layers of Gilders Paste.
Damask was first, and then I topped it with Silver.
I reached into my bag of goodies
(really my shelf of supplies)
picking up some pewter hearts I had purchased from Thomas Mann.
This is the one I chose!  Just perfect, 
as it has a great little oval shaped well in the middle.
I found a rhinestone connector that had a hint of turquoise in it, 
snipping off the two end connectors.  
Then I pulled out my vintage book of Shakespeare, 
to find my next word,
hope
 I looked across my desk, 
finding some resin covered sheet music I had used in a previous project.
The title of the song had the word I was looking for,
Loves.
The name of my piece was born.
I attached the paper inside the bezel.  Mixed up a batch of Ice Resin and attached the heart inside the bezel using the resin.
I gently lowered the rhinestone connector, which now held the word hope,
into the tiny well in the middle of the heart.
As the resin was drying, I decided I wanted a few drops of silver inside the well,
so I added some silver glass micro beads.
Simply divine.  I am so in love with this piece.  
Thank you Carmi for asking me to be part of the hop!
It was a blast =) 







8 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is truly inspired Miss Diane! I love the way the metal looks now that you have antiqued it to match the patina on the rhinestones. Beautiful! Enjoy the day. Erin

Diana said...

Lovely indeed.....another beautiful creation Diane,
Hugs
Diana

Chris said...

Lovely Diane~~I love your thought process behind each step. And of course I LOVE the finished product!

Daryl said...

lovely

Charlene said...

STUNNING!!!! I love how it all turned out. I have so not been making anything. Traveling & WORKING that's all I've done! I miss seeing you. HOPE we can get together in the New Year! Do you have a big Christmas planned? It's at our house this year so I'm in full gear!!!! HUGS!
Charlene

CraftyHope said...

Really, really beautiful! So inspiring.

sandi m said...

Tom's hearts are my favorites. Love how you prepped the bezel with the gilders paste, the papers, the microbeads and the bling. Stunning!!

Jen Crossley said...

Another stunning piece