HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy 1st & 21st






I have been blogging for a year, and to say it seems like it, is well...just not true. I have enjoyed putting my thoughts down for all the world to see. If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please send me a comment, and let me know you are out there! I would love to add you to my link, and me to yours ~ if you'd like! Knowing that someone half way around the world reads my little posts is quite exciting to me.
Allen and I had a great time Saturday celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary.

He bought me
~~~a great gift~~~
and I bought him:
~~a cookbook~~
cook·book
n.
A book containing recipes and other information about the preparation of food.

However, this is not just a cookbook. It is an encyclopedia.
en·cy·clo·pe·di·a
n.
A comprehensive reference work containing articles on a wide range of subjects or on numerous aspects of a particular field, usually arranged alphabetically.


No kidding~it really is! I do not believe I have EVER seen a cookbook like this one! Allen's mother was from Louisiana, so the cajun heritage is definately "in his blood". The Encyclopedia of Cajun & Creole Cuisine by Chef John D. Folse, CEC, AAC, (in its Fifth Printing: December 2006), is a compilation of four years of research, two years of writing and a lifetime of experience cooking and sharing Louisiana's cusine ~ and ~ is 841 pages of history, recipes, and beautiful photographs. We have one other of Chef Folse's cookbooks: Hot Beignets & Warm Boudoirs, which we bought while at T'Frere's, our favorite B&B in Lafayette, Louisiana.(BTW....Maugie and Pat Pastor are two of world's best B&B hosts).
So, next time you are in Barnes & Nobles, check this one out. You WILL be amazed!

2 comments:

dawn said...

have i known you for a year?
could that be?

happy anniversary, dahling...
that cookbook looks fabulous.

Diane said...

Yes, we have, dawn! Time flies when we're having fun!
Thanks for messaging me.....you are the best!