HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Monday, August 11, 2008

Odd Shots on Monday

This is not a bowl or urn of some sort. But rather a silver & pewter ceremonial bracelet from Fomba, Africa. My new friend, Jae Sturtevant, has a booth of beautiful African and Indonesian antiques and artifacts at Dovetail and Second Street Antiques in Katy. I actually bought something (which I will show later), but not this. I must say I WAS tempted~but it was just a tad too large! Actually, it is HUGE.
Go see Katney for more Odd Shots. She will be glad you stopped by~

9 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks like a beautiful bracelet to me!

Texas Travelers said...

That is pretty odd for a bracelet. You're right, it's huge.

Nice Odd shot today.
Come visit our Moon, Click here.
Troy and Martha

Daryl said...

I guess its worn up on the arm above the elbow ... or on a VERY big/thick arm ... cool shot....

:-Daryl

Rambling Woods said...

That is a big bracelet..
Happy Monday. I always look forward to seeing what people come up with. My fingers are not cooperating today so the general note. ..Michelle..
Rambling Woods

Jane Hards Photography said...

How heavy would it be. Beautiful and certainky differant.

Patty said...

The bracelet is really pretty, but it does look big. I have a tiny wrist so I am particular about braclets. They bother me if they dangle down to low.

Katney said...

It is beautiful. But if it is a large as it looks, it would certainly be odd.

Chris said...

Very cool bracelet~~~I wouldn't be able to pick up my arm!

dixymiss said...

Beautiful craftsmanship ~ a very unique and unusual piece. I've never been one to wear large bracelets, but I dearly love dangly earrings! Can't wait to see your treasure.