HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Monday, August 04, 2008

Odd Shots on Monday

Located in San Antonio is the historic Liberty Bar. For its history go here. While visiting Melanie this past weekend, we enjoyed some great food and drink there. Just above our table, hanging on the beautiful salmon colored walls, hangs a wreath this Texan could truly appreciate. One made out of dried cactus pads. I did think the dinosaur was a little out of place though.


Liberty Bar


328 East Josephine Street


San Antonio, Texas 78215

Be sure and visit Katney for more odd shots!

9 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

I bet there is a story behind that dinosaur..Happy Monday

Paulie said...

Kinda a neat odditity -- and what dinosaur? I kept trying to see it download. Was there a dino on your blog also?

Paulie said...

Ok, so there it is -- HOW did I miss it last time? I agree, it is definitely out of place.

Why do we have to type those stupid letters when you have moderation of comments? (I hate them because even when I know I typed them correct, they make me do it over nd over again.)

beautifullybrokenme said...

This Arizonian (did I spell that right?) can appreciate that wreath as well - I believe I have a few of those dried cactus pads just outside of my back fence...

:-) Molly

Gemma Wiseman said...

Dried cactus pads! It really is amazing how a cactus seems to survive anything and still look good! Great pic!

Anonymous said...

I think Mister Dinosaur was hiding. You read that menu?!
He didn't wanna become part of the yummy pot roast or finger-lickin' crab cakes!
Rosemary potatoes with dinosaur ... now there's an idea! =)
Fantastic time! Good eats in great company!!! Love you!

Daryl said...

LOVED San Antonio .. must go back again some day ... fun photo!

:-Daryl

Anonymous said...

LOL...I love the dinosaur!

Susan Tuttle said...

What a truly unique wreathe -- I dig it!

Susan
xo