HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Friday, August 15, 2008

photo swap

One of my passions is photography. At the beginning of the year I joined two photo swap groups. One is the scent of water and the other is nectar & light: the sweet life through a poloroid. The photo I am sending off today to my swap partner in Omaha, NE, is the above "da pot 'ah gumbo" (without the gone on vacation message~of course). The swap theme for August was : eat well-live well. I knew I had a jump on this one, lol, as I love to eat...and my dh loves to cook. This particular photo was taken on the Guadalupe River in New Braunfels this past July. Prepared on a 2-burner camp stove in our large outdoor cooking tent. My dh was teaching our nephew how to cook a GREAT pot of sausage & chicken gumbo. Needless to say~IT WAS DELICIOUS! I added a little enhancing from picnik, and words for the rest of next week~
gOnE oN hOLiDaY.

7 comments:

Daryl said...

Yummmmm ... and have fun


:-Daryl

Fanciful Expressions said...

Lucky you~~~~having a DH that cooks.Gumbo~~Mmmmm. Have a great vacation.

Carolyn

Susan Tuttle said...

Your gumbo photo is making me very, very hungry! Delicious! Send some over this way please.

Susan
xo

Chris said...

Glad you've gone on holiday...you deserve it!

The gumbo looks so good. I'm starting to salivate! LOL!

A bird in the hand said...

Gumbo? Did you say gumbo???
slurp! thank you.

xoxo

kansasrose said...

Delicious looking gumbo! Have a wonderful/relaxing vacation.

Sis said...

It's a vacation to me to just come here and browse...
XOXO