HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Friday, October 19, 2007

Harvest Red














Bought these Tribal Bone Mala Beads inlaid with Glass Chips or Textured Metal from Susanclare back in January. I loved their rustic antiqued waxy colors. Very unusual beads. Just what I like! They sat waiting for the perfect necklace. The very last piece I made before the SJV sale, was this Harvest Necklace~made with the tribal bone beads, red & salmon coral, czech crystals and adorned with a large black onyx cross. I was thrilled when it sold (bought as a Christmas gift!) ~ so I will make another similiar one this weekend. But, I have one more design in mind~keep watch~I will post it soon!

4 comments:

kansasrose said...

Wow! These are so beautiful!

Diane said...

Received this message from susan at susanclare~
Diane, it really warms my heart to see my beads in your beautiful work.
I learned later that the beads are made of yak bone! Here are my
latest ventures...thanks again, Susan
www.beadlovers.net/
www.umbrellachild.blogspot.com/

kansasrose said...

That is so cool she wrote you about her beads used by you in your designs. Yak bone? I have never seen beads like this. So gorgeous! The combintation of the beads and the onyx cross is beautiful too! I LOVE your designs Diane! Hope you are on the mend dear...that back/neck ache sounds painful. Take care. Love, Jen xxxooo

A bird in the hand said...

ooohhhh!
they are just gorgeous and very exotic!