HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Friday, October 26, 2007

a gift from kansas(rose)

Look what flew in from Kansas....no not a twister, but a beautiful journal* from my friend, kansasrose. And, she is one clever farmeress~she left the other side blank for my very FIRST collaboration. How did she know that I had been preparing for such a moment, and just this past week. I stopped in Books-A-Million, and purchased three new books (i don't do anything with baby steps you realize).
~Metal Craft Discovery Workshop by Linda & Opie O'Brian (this is one great resource for me to begin creating more with metal)....plus I am hooking onto their website! These two are my new heros.
~The Complete Guide to Altered Imagery by Karen Michel (this will open up a new world on how to alter my "thousands" of photos).
~SEW Somerset~the art of creative sewing with mixed media (this is just plain BEAUTIFUL inside!).
So, now, enjoy the package I received just yesterday, as I flipped thru the pages of my beautiful Kansas-born journal. I did, and for that I am so grateful and EXCITED! Thanks Jen!
*favorite page (and it was hard to choose Jen~Harriat loves her chicken egg necklace and hen hat...pic #14 above~be sure and click on the mosaic).

5 comments:

kansasrose said...

Wow it got there fast! So happy you "like-E" ! It was so fun to do for you. The books sound cool. Can't wait to see what you create! :) :)

Anita said...

isn't Jen just the best?! How fabulous... :)

Diane said...

yes, she is anita =)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I have a handmade brag book for me and Emmy, my grandbaby, that Jen made me. I keep it out where I can see it. I can't wait to fill it up with pics and anecdotes.

I know you'll love your Jen original! ;-)

Susan Tuttle said...

What an exciting collaboration! Beautiful!

Susan
xo