HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Friday, September 11, 2009

Adorn Me! 2010

It finally happened! An national art retreat in coming to Houston!
Adorn Me! 2010
Linda Young, of ART Unraveled, has put together an exciting jewelry event, with the most diverse group of jewelry/mixed-media artists.
When? March 2-7, 2010
I am so blessed to be one of the instructors, teaching two classes. My first class on Tuesday, March 2nd, is called Crystal Princess: Using Vintage Crystals in Your Jewelry Designs.
I have a huge stash of vintage crystals just waiting for both old and new jewelry friends to use....your choice!
Linda used one of my Princess pictures in the event banner! Sweeet!! Do you have any idea how much fun you can have designing this Princess? What a glorious mix of elements. Your imagination will soar with endless possibilities!
Or, how about this one? I have been wearing this Crystal Princess almost non-stop since I designed it for the class proposal. I just love the mix of vintage rhinestones with oxidized sterling silver and bronze wire. The vintage brass beads I found on Etsy are just beautiful, as they have the most luscious patina that only time can give them!
The second class,
Rhinestone Dreams, will be on the last day, Sunday, March 7th! I love that I have all the days in between the two classes I teach. It gives me the opportunity to take a couple myself from one, two, or maybe three of the other 25 artists teaching at the retreat, such as Diana Frey, Riki Schumacher, Deryn Mentock, Ruth Rae, Richard Salley, Jane Salley, Amy Hanna, Thomas Mann, Sherri Haab, Stephanie Rubiano, and Keith Lo Beu...just to name a few.
Rhinestone Dreams will teach you how to incorporate a vintage rhinestone brooch, dress or shoe clip, into your next favorite piece of jewelry. But, you will learn much more than that....just look at the class description for all the details.
Don't forget to sign up for the artunraveled Yahoo Group so you can keep track of the latest news, information and ideas flowing to and from the teachers and fellow students.
Please contact me if you have any questions! Registration is now open, so don't delay.
I look forward to seeing you there!

11 comments:

Daryl said...

I am loving that Princess necklace with all the dangle-ies ... I would have such fun making one of those .. I am sure all your students will have a fabulous time!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Congratulations!!!!

Both classes look so yummy and fun!!! Oh and i've been buying rhinestone pieces like a mad woman. Ha I have them stashed all over the country with different "Mules" waiting to come down for visits!! :) :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Chris said...

Yay Diane!! You will be such an inspirational and kind-wonderful-excellent teacher! I'm happy for you and rooting for you~~~~

stregata said...

Sounds like it will be fabulous! Wish I could get there! Those crystal and rhinestone pieces are fantastic!

Cindy said...

Congrats, Diane! Your classes look really wonderful...just the kind of thing I would love to be a part of (if only I were closer *sigh*). You're going to be such a terrific teacher!!

Sharon said...

Congratulations! I am hoping I can attend and take both of your classes. Your designs are scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! how wonderful! your photos are utterly gorgeous i wish i could attend your classes. i envy those who will be there!

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Diane, your pieces are fabulous! I hope your classes fill up so quickly it makes your head spin! Hope to see you soon! Hugs.

Paula In Pinetop said...

Anyone who gets an opportunity to learn from you is one lucky individual !!!!!!!

If any of yo are out there reading this comment, trust me......you will not be sorry. Diane's spirit is so full of joy and her sense of design is fabulous.

Go ahead, sign up, you know you want to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

How exciting this is for you, girfriend! I have watched your jewelry emerge for some time now, & you have really stepped your designs up - like 100 notches! Beautiful! Fabulous! Wonderful! You will have a blast in Houston, & people will no doubt love your classes. All the best to you, Di!

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Your jewelry is awesome!!! I love all the danglies and the silver.