HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Feather Your Nest 101

I have been asked to teach a class in Round Top, Texas!
I am excited, not only for the opportunity to beginning teaching; but for the setting in which the class will be held. Round Top is home to one of the country's largest Antique Festivals held twice a year. I have spoken about it more times than not, just how great this event really is, not only for die-hard antiquers, but for mixed media artists. If you are looking for it, it is there. If you can't find it in Round Top, just drive down the road a little until you come to Carmine, Warrenton, or Shelby, or maybe Fayetteville, Smithville, or La Bahia! This festival has spread to cover more miles than you can cover in a day, or quite possibly, a week.
"Feathered Nest"
Original design by Diane Cook
A mixed media piece of art jewelry you will enjoy wearing every day!

***************
Laura Sgovio, a talented jewelry designer herself, is the owner of SGOVIO, an inviting boutique, located on Bybee Square in downtown Round Top. Just this past Saturday, Laura had a Grand Opening inviting customers to enjoy her shop's expansion, which now includes women's apparel, accessories and luxurious skin care; not to mention jewelry designs from several Texas artists (including myself).
presents
a Jewelry Workshop
with Mixed Media Jewelry Artist
Diane Cook Taught in the historic Haw Creek Church
on Henkel Square in
Round Top, Texas.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
9:30 am - 5 pm
*************************
"Feather Your Nest 101"
This will be the first in a series of classes I will be teaching, each one different and unique.
Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested in attending, as this is a quaint venue, allowing a total of only 10 students. I will send you more details, which will include the cost of the class, class description, teacher and student's supply list, cancellation policy, area accommodations and directions to the event.
This part of Texas is absolutely beautiful. Coming here in the Fall is just a bonus!

14 comments:

sharon said...

Well, a big congrat's on your teaching venue!! How wonderful for you and the students who can attend! It is a bit too far for me at this time, but I can still wish!! Best of luck!!

Cindy said...

Aw, Diane you know I would be the first to sign up if I could! You are going to be the most inspirational instructor ever. I hope had a great b-day!! :-)

The Joy of Nesting said...

I want to GO!!!!!!

Do you think if I asked my daughter if she would mind changing the date of her wedding she would???? Hmmmmm I think that could be a no. I'm really working on getting up to Adorn Yourself in the Spring!! what classes will you be teaching???

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

stregata said...

Congratulations on such a wonderful opportunity! I am sure it will be wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love your jewelry...Summer Colors is georgeous! I would love to learn how to make jewelry but for now, I know I should focus on my other mixed media art. It would be great to take this class...maybe sometime. Have much fun and success with this class!

Paula In Pinetop said...

Oh Diane! What a great venue. This is going to be fun, I'm sure. Can't be there this year...... but hmmmmmm, got on my thinking cap.

Sherry said...

I hear so much about Round Top...I'm adding it to my list of places to go.

Daryl said...

Fabulous .. I hope you have a wonderful class of appreciative students!

beautifullybrokenme said...

Oh - I SO wish we still lived in Texas, if only to take this class! Congratulations my friend!

:-) Molly

P.S. Have fun 'junking' for me while you are at the Festival!

Gypsy Chix said...

I would love to take this class, please contact me @ gypsychix@att.net for the class information.

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Diane, great piece you will be teaching! You will make a fabulous teacher, everyone will love it. How was your birthday? Hope you had fun.

Stephani Gorman said...

Oh Diane how fab! This looks like an awesome class, wish I lived a little closer and I would be there. Hope you have a wonderful time teaching your class! Hugs, Stephani

Charlene said...

Silly me, I had told you I wanted to come if I could but, I am signed up to do a Trade Day at my friends Antique Shop that weekend. DARN! And I can't go out to Diana's either.

Good Luck & have fun. What a great location for an event. I'm going to email you about Warrington.

Carmi Cimicata said...

I just know this class will be great! I wish I lived close by!