HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Friday, September 25, 2009

I Am Thine

*Vintage sheet music I tucked and glued inside the top of my daughter's memory box*
***********************

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
Quote taken from a fellow artist, Nina's inspiring blog.

What a beautiful quote ~ really! What a "freeing" quote ~ really!
I have been living life. Busy with my jewelry. Busy with my full-time job in downtown Houston. Busy designing/re-working my studio/office.
(
Thank you my dh for such a wonderful birthday present!)

I have a full life. It is a good life. And, for that, I am thankful.
This past Monday I began the online workshop, Visual Poetry, with the talented Susan Tuttle.
I have had Photoshop Elements 6 on our home computer for 2 years come Christmas. I knew it was time. Time to learn more, and from who else but Susan?
Each week we have 3 projects, and will so for 4 more weeks. I am basking in the possibilities of what will come of this. Jewelry pictures ~ yes. I have many. Life pictures ~ many more! Of course, I will be sharing. Your comments mean so much to me. More than you know.
So, if you are out there, lurking, not commenting OR commenting....well, here is your opportunity to let yourself be known (to me). I am having a small give-away. The gift will be a surprise. Yes, you won't find out what you win until you do......
(Drawing will be October 7th at 7 pm CST).

Note: I am on my way to Warrenton tomorrow. I have posted about it here many times. I will be there for 3 days~straight! And, with my dd.
Heaven for sure.

******************

More photos from the Visual Poetry group are here. I am thrilled to share!

And, oh yes, I have been designing some new pieces.
"Tulip Treasurers"
"Rhinestones & Crystals"

16 comments:

Sherry said...

Your work is truly beautiful!

sharon said...

Ohhh all your work is soo beautiful Diane, a reflection of you! Glad to hear you are having a good life, you have made ours richer also!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Have fun at Round Top, wish I was there too :)

Susan Tuttle said...

Your Photoshop creations are so beautiful Diane:) Thank you for sharing about the class.

The jewelry is just precious:)

Anita said...

I first heard that quote when I met my husband, 25 years ago... You could say it's his "life theme" :)
Your work is even more wonderful now than before I "disappeared"...

Cindy said...

Diane
I've admired your work on the Visual Poetry flickr site...it just jumps right off the screen, it's so gorgeous! I am seriously behind the power curve with Susan's class, it's been a rough week.
I had to smile about mentioning commentors...and lurkers! :-) I'm so happy I'm not a lurker here..how can one visit your blog and not have anything to say! Your jewelry is always so praise worthy. :-) And have fun in Warrenton..yes, I've followed your blog long enough to know how much fun you'll have...and we'll want to see pictures!

Paula In Pinetop said...

Oh Diane, those "Rhinestone and Crystals" earrings are just stunning.

Sharon is so right, you have made our lives so rich, so bright and sparkly, so, oh so wonderful.

Sounds like life is full and happy.....I'm so glad.

Take care.

stregata said...

I know your Visual Poetry is going to be fantastic and can't wait to see more!

Charlene said...

Aren't we the lucky girls!!!!! I can't wait to meet up with you on Sunday night. Save some good stuff for us too! Love the tulip & new stuff you are working on. I would love to win your giveaway!!!! What fun!

Moia said...

I saw the article of you in the Somerset Memories magasin. This article was such an inspiration. I love old photos and jewelery as well, what a perfect combination. Thank you so much for sharing your work. Love from Ann-Margret

Daryl said...

What Sharon said .. she said just what I was thinking xo

Cindy said...

Hi Diane
Just in case my comment was lost...just had to let you know that I think it's impossible to lurk around here! Your photography and jewelry are so inspirational, one must leave a comment to let you know!! Hope you've had fun in Warrenton. :-)

Meg Wolff said...

It's been a while since I visited, but nice to see you fully enjoying what you do. Making beautiful things!

Riki Schumacher said...

Hey Diane, you lucky girl, shopping for antiques! Can't wait to see all the beautiful photos you create. I should be doing that too! Look forward to more wonderful pics, and spectacular jewelry.

KayEllen said...

Wonderful Diane:)

Enjoyed your lovely post,artistic words and such pretty jewelry!

Smiles,
kayellen

Diana said...

Okay I am envious!! Wish I was going to Round Top with you!!! I'll look forward to drooling on my keyboard when you share the treasures you find. I also look forward to your fabulous photos.
Miss you girlfriend.
Hugs
Diana