HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Monday, January 25, 2010

{Echo} Week 6: Face

Lani and I are sharing our sixth bi-weekly prompt
with
Susan and Chrysti -- face.
Lani explains her interpretation: Edward came down this morning with these miniature daffodils and there was never a more beautiful or welcome face as that of these little flowers in the middle of all our snow and ice! Oh, I agree.
What could be more welcoming than the bright yellow face of a daffodil?
Daffodils have their own little special place buried way down deep in my memory of memories. When I was growing up, my grandmother (Josie) had the most beautiful creamy white daffodils magically appear each Spring in her front yard. They lined up, like a row of soldiers, straight and narrow down the front of the large wooden house where my mother lived as a girl.
On occasion, I was even allowed to pick one...or maybe two!
My contribution is a photo of our beautiful grandson, who will be one in just a few short weeks.
He is growing so fast.
My husband and I travel to see him at least weekly. Grandparents are meant to be a part of their grand children's life. I do know that so very well.
Be sure and visit the Flickr group for more beautiful diptychs.
You will enjoy!
(texture used: les brumes, click on photo to enlarge =)

8 comments:

stregata said...

Such lovely faces!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Thank you sweet friend for sharing a bit of your day!! And what a most beautiful grandson you have!!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx

Riki Schumacher said...

He is gorgeous. I agree, it is wonderful being a Nana! Beautiful pictures Diane. Riki xoxo

Chris said...

so precious~~
have a blessed day, sweet friend!

Daryl said...

Oh he is so handsome .. and they grow up so quickly .. xo

Charlene said...

Sweet post! GRANDS are the best! I did a post about our class. I haven't done the post on my finished (less the S Hook) necklace. We discussed my photos of the necklace not being wonderful & I haven't had the chance or sunshine to do it. It is POURING here today. HUGS! Charlene

Cindy said...

Diane
It's been fun following along with your word-prompts. I can't believe your Grandson will be One soon...I think he was just 3 or 4 months old when we "met"! :-)

Alyice Edrich said...

Such a neat interpretation of "face"...the flowers, that is.

Your grandson is a cutie!