HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Sunday, January 10, 2010

the art of presentation

As long as I remember I have loved the simple act of taking the extra step. I take great delight in giving just a little extra.....in my gifts, in my work, and now I carry it along with me into the world of teaching.
Just this last summer, the managing editor of Belle Armoire Jewelry, Christen Olivarez, graciously requested an interview from myself, and a dear artist sister, Colette Copeland, of A Bird in the Hand.
Collette is that type of an artist, and her work reflects it. Upon my request, she made the most beautiful jewelry folders to pair with my jewelry.
We collaborated on a submission sent to Stampington called sisterhood. It was featured in the winter issue of the magazine that came out December 1st. What an especially sweet blessing.
Thank you Christen!Once again, as I prepared the brass charms, bronze wire, and extra goodies going into the bags of the students taking my Resolutions of the Heart class this next Saturday, I thought about ways of adding that extra touch....something really special.I think they will be pleased.

14 comments:

Sharon said...

Absolutely lovely. Everything you touch is delightfully magical!

stregata said...

It was a great article and the necklace was gorgeous - sigh!; wonderfully enhanced by the "envelope" (thank you again, Cindy for sending me the issue)! And those goody bags look wonderful.

Riki Schumacher said...

Wow, Diane they will be more than pleased, they will LOVE the extra attention and detail. Everything is just gorgeous. The best of luck on your class. xoxo Riki

Daryl said...

How could they not be? You are such a charming person and your jewelry is so magical ..

Esther said...

of course they will!! a lot of good news!! congrats dear Diane!!

Anonymous said...

If i was a participant I would be very appreciative. Inspiring post and pics.

Lani Gerity said...

SO beautiful! Wow!

Stephani Gorman said...

Beautiful Diane!

Jen Crossley said...

Wish I was doing your class I can dream though.Presentation is everything a good friend once told me and its true

Paula said...

These are stunning; what a wonderful gift! Just pure magic.

Linda said...

I just wanted to take the time to say how much I've enjoyed your blog, your gorgeous detail shines thru and warms a cold winter day, thank you for sharing!

connie said...

wish you were in california! your goodie bags are beautiful!!! and that class looks fabulous!! happy new years!

Charlene said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I FINALLY GT TO MEET YOU IN PERSON!!!!!! And hug your neck!!!! Such a southern thing isn't it? ONE MORE DAY!!! You have got me curious to see my goodies!!!! HUGS! Charlene

Mystic Indigo said...

Magical...best of luck (you don't need it...) on your class! Can't wait to hear the details and your presentation is heavenly!!