HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Monday, December 05, 2011

day one of the twelve days of Christmas ornament swap

I have loved Ruth Rae's art for some time, and thoroughly enjoyed her book
So when I received her package in the mail, it was hard to resist opening it up right away!
The wrapping was way cool.
 For starters, 
she had a perfectly torn piece of muslin, 
stamped with the words "Be Brave"
tack stitched to the bubble wrap!
 Inside I found this " most thoughtful " ornament.
A small box that now holds layers of plaster wrap, 
gently coated with my favorite robin's egg blue paint.
Right in the center sits a bright red hand sculpted paper-clay heart
that Ruth painted, then dipped into wax...her ode to a Sacred Heart
 It's been circled with wire, intertwined with 
a sprinkle of pearls and crystals.  You will also see several nails and a crystal bead crown.
A gentle dusting of mica around the lower bottom edge of the box, 
reflects light in the most subtle way.
I simply adore this added ruffle of fabric at the bottom,
which holds bits of text and one single crystal bead.
 
Now it hangs sweetly on our tree!
 Certain to be one of my many favorites.
Thank you Ruth.
I ♥ it!

10 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

Love love love it!!!Hugs,Cat

Charlene said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh that is so cute!!! I love the heart!

Day one of KC's class was wonderful. Did a wall hanging today. Tomorrow is the Alter & then Wednesday the Flag. I forgot my camera... can you believe that??? Cindy brought hers & NO ONE took photos!!!!!!!! Tomorrow's another day....... HUGS!

Debbie said...

Your so lucky, I just love Ruth and all her creations. This one didn't disappoint!!
Can't wait to see more of your swaps!!

Debbie
x0x0x

stregata said...

So beautiful. What a treat that you are taking part in the 12 days of Christmas ornament swap this year - and how kind of you to step in for Deryn.

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Beautiful!!! What a wonderful ornament!

Riki Schumacher said...

That is really lovely Diane, I can see why you love it. Thank you for sharing, what a fun exchange. Hugs, Riki

steufel said...

Oh my, that is so incredible pretty. You are a lucky girl:-)

Daryl said...

oh you know me and hearts .. lovely work on that ..

Alice said...

How beautiful! What a unique ornament--a special one that can be passed down to future generations!

Shirley said...

How gorgeous is that! What a special ornament to cherish!