HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Monday, January 24, 2011

Bead Soup

 Today is the perfect day for making soup, as it is cold and rainy in southeast Texas....something we experience quite way too often this time of year.
But, instead of being "stuck" in the kitchen stirring a huge pot of warm simmering soup,
I am happily sitting in my studio, 
working on "soup" goodies that will be wrapped and put into a box to be carted off to the post office early tomorrow morning.  
It will be en route to Michigan, headed to my Bead Soup Blog Party partner, 
Melissa Mesara.  
I think her blog name caught my attention right off the bat,
Melissa is a lampworker.  
Something I am not, or ever will be!
(I think!)
So how did I get here today?
A question asked of me by Lori Anderson, of Pretty Things, actually.  
She is the originator of the Bead Soup Blog Party.
With all that extra time I have had since retiring (LOL), 
I thought I would give this party a try....
me and around 209 other jewelry artists in the USA and way beyond!
So, here I am, doing what I love best~
putting together a lovely package of goodies.
 And, because Lori has a heart of gold, 
AND connections like PJ Tool and Supply,
she is having a few give-aways along the bead soup "party" road.
The first one is here, and the drawing is tomorrow.
And, since I am not a big metal stamper, 
as you can probably see from above, 
I want to win this cool set of stamps.
Maybe you do too!
You won't want to miss it.
When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, 
or in the life of another.
Helen Keller 
(I too love quotes.  This one if for you Melissa =)

15 comments:

one-eared pig said...

Yay! I can't wait! Your package went out today. You should try lampworking. Fire is fun! :)

Cindy said...

Diane, never say never! I would NOT be surprised to find you giving lampworking a try some day, what with all that free time you have now (wink, wink). :-) Melissa is in for a real treat to receive a package from you! You are the Queen of Presentation my friend. This Blog Party is going to be a whole lotta fun...looking forward to seeing the finished pieces next month!

Chris said...

It's great to see you having fun with your retirement~~and ramping up your jewelry involvement. Go Diane!

stregata said...

Oh Diane, I could just get lost in your photos. Gorgeous!

steufel said...

can't wait to see the whole soup. The pics look magic, Diane!

Charlene said...

Good luck on winning that stamp set. I will get the plans made for Heart Strings today as soon as I finish with the invoicing for work. Hubby was home all day yesterday & you know that means I don't get to do anything I want to do... just what he needs to do... HUGS!
Charlene

Daryl said...

Alas the giveaway was over .. I hope you win

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I agree with Stregata about getting lost in your wonderful beautiful photos ~ you make everything look so so good! ~ Katie

Julie Pishny said...

Diane, The last photo on this posting is breathtakingly beautiful what an amazing shot. Thank you for sharing it with us...blessings - Julie

The Joy of Nesting said...

Spoken like a smart woman Lady Dy!!

I'm with ya on the lamp work beads. Soooo beautiful if only there wasn't that huge source of fire!! It's all the courage I can screw up to use my little torch to anneal, and fuse!!

I'm sitting here ever so green wishing I could figure out a way to make bean soup. maybe next time must ponder harder for a solution.

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful. This cheered me up immensely!

Laura said...

Hi Diane-
I just wanted to say hi.
Congratulations on retirement.
It is wonderful and weird all wrapped into one.
Wonderful wins!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Lisa said...

lovely detail photos Diane...i think your metal stamping is beautiful...i prefer it when it's not perfect.. which is the way mine looks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, came across you through Artful Blogging. I love your work - I too am looking forward to retiring (still quite a few years yet) so I can just work in my studio where I am happiest
Love love your work - back to your blog to visit more

Suz said...

Beautiful, Diane,
I wish I were Melissa!
Big hugs,
Suz