I put together several pages of plain & stamped watercolor paper, a newspaper clipping, a used coffee filter from the morning coffee, an envelope from a friend, copper mesh & copper wire. I tied it into a tight bundle, using a ribbon of my favorite color~mint green.
However, on March 1st, I decided my little bundle needed to receive more of the elements. What was I thinking? I wanted more disintegration, not less. So, out it went on our backyard fence. I gently moved it to my favorite rusty garden gate.
It then weathered several hard rain storms. The most notable ones were in April. One was the weekend I spent in California; and the other huge one, was the weekend of April 24th. We received 12 inches of rain in Katy, in less than 24 hours!
So, here is how it looked on the big reveal day of May 1st. I had to shake off a few bugs that had made it their home. And, of course there were signs of mildew, along with decomposed leaves and dirt between the folds of the copper mesh.
This now leads us to Part 2 of the collaboration. We are to produce a new piece of art using some or all of our disintegrated material. The big reveal date is set for August 1st.
But, this lead me to want more. More disintegration that is. Therefore, I bundled it back up, and it went back out to my favorite rusty gate~for one more month. I will snap another picture or two when I take it down on June 1st.
Seth has some great ideas in the works for the completed projects. I have a few in mind as I type this post. None the less, it will be FUN.