Tuesday, January 20, 2009

new armoire

Look what I was gifted at Christmas by my husband.
Right before Thanksgiving I saw it in one of the local antique shops. I put it on hold, as I didn't have the space ready for it at home just yet. I knew that after the Christmas holidays, I would make a place for it in our spare bedroom to use for storing my art & some jewelry supplies.
I absolutely love it. It is working out just as I planned. I went to OfficeMax and bought the nifty stacking storage bins (made in the USA) you see inside. They are great, as they have easy side snap (which I keep unsnapped while in the armoire) lids AND handles. Now my supplies are ready to go with me anywhere~anytime!
I could use two more of these in my our office/my workspace. There is nothing like real wood storage, and I would rather buy a well~made antique. I fell in love with its color, which matched my Birdseye Maple antique bed in the bedroom.
The stuffed heart on the door knob came from a vendor at Nothing Ordinary Antiques & Oddities in Bellville.
Looking on top, you will see one of my favorite words Believe, which came from Books~A~Million. The stacking bins (top right) came from Target. The antique vase was bought from a vendor at Hearts & Hands, located on Mason Road, in Katy. And, can you see my newest purchase, leaning against the wall in back? It is the most beautiful 11"x14" vintage photograph of a little girl, still in its original frame. I bought it online thru a great Etsy seller, DonnaGrayce Vintage Treasures. This was not my first purchase from her, but because this was her 100th sale, she sent me a special gift~a beautiful pair of rhinestone earrings! What an unexpected blessing.

5 comments:

Daryl said...

Really a lovely AND functional piece of furniture!

Chris said...

Gorgeous!! And I love love love the picture of the little girl~~
I'm happy for you for your organized place...it must feel great~

kansasrose said...

I love your amoire and accesories! The maple wood is just gorgeous. It's such a great feeling to be organized and have such a chic way to do it. Love this idea!!!! ( I may have to copy some of these great ideas hon for gettin' my stuff organized)

Glamarella Junk-Sherry said...

Love your Blog...Your Art is amazing!!!
come visit!!!

Creative Vignettes said...

Congratulations on your armoire and your beautifully organized goodies. Enjoy.