HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Saturday, December 20, 2008

the calm before the cold

My jade plant has been trying to bloom for the last couple of weeks. I remember when I first began seeing the blooms appear. I didn't even know Jade plants bloomed, as I had never, ever seen it! But, just this afternoon, the first few blooms began to show a sign of a flower!
Right now it is 65 degrees, but it has been in the high 70's all day! Tomorrow the highs will be in the 40's! We are expecting a really cold blast of Artic air after midnight. The weather can be so strange, living 83 miles from the Gulf Coast. One minute we are burning up, and the next we are freezing.
I do want some cold weather for Christmas. Just not freezing rain, Lord.

8 comments:

Susan Tuttle said...

It is snowing in Texas and on your blog! Amazing on both counts.

What a beautiful flower!

Merry Christmas!

Susan
xo

Daryl said...

Its a balmy 35 here and the snow that fell is now turning to mush and slush and lots of flooded intersections .. FEH

:-Daryl

beautifullybrokenme said...

What beautiful flowers - I never would have guessed that they would flower either. Cool!

Love your new blog design and I REALLY love the snow on it today. It makes me feel very "Christmas-ey".

Have a great rest of your day!

:-) Molly

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

Our weather here in central Louisiana is the same as yours. It's been in the 70s, now it's in the 40s, tonight it's supposed to be in the low 20's! OUCH! I like mild weather.

Chris said...

Beautiful bloom. Merry Christmas my dear Texas friend~~you've had an action-packed year. You continue to bless us all with your love and creativity.

Hope you get that cold snap to get you in the Christmas mood.

Anita said...

When I was little, we used to get snow that started in November or so, and we wouldn't see bare ground until spring... now we get a dusting here and there, and lots more ice storms! I can't say if the climate change is manmade or natural, but I do know it's happening!

Hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

sallyt said...

What a gorgeous photo! Yes, I'm hoping the cooler weather stays til after Christmas, too! It's a novelty for us Texans.

Merry Christmas!!

Hugs,
Sally

Sis said...

Diane, I love your new blog!

LOVE LOVE LOVE it...

Did I say I love it?

Merry Christmas, chica!
XOXOXO