HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Saturday, December 08, 2007

before we go

Each Christmas season we go to one beautiful holiday event. This year it was the Nutcracker at the Wortham Center in downtown Houston. A 2 pm show was just perfect, as I was able to take care of a few things this morning before we started the 30 mile trip into town.
Did you see the Barbara Walters special~The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2007, on Thursday night? I believe she was wearing a simple but elegant Ruby Quartz Necklace*. It was graduated and the stones were faceted like the ones I have been making this Christmas. Hers looked stunning with the black suit she was wearing, so I decided to make a set~necklace & bracelet, to wear today. These will be my very own set of holiday jewels. I also made a simple pair of dangles that would go with my outfit, but also with just about anything else I have.
So, going back to Barbara's interviews. Did you get to see her interview with the My Space guys, Tom Anderson and Chris DeWolfe? They are really cool guys, and are very, very wealthy. Plus, they helped Barbara make her very own MySpace. Katherine Heigl is beautiful, and Jennifer Hudson has had a very blessed year! I actually enjoyed all her interviews, but was a little baffled that she didn't even talk to the number 1 pick - J.K. Rowling.
Well, more later. Gotta finish my Christmas cards to mail out on Monday.
p.s. I do have one Ruby Quartz Necklace at Mecca and one listed on my Etsy Shop~plus I have added a Christmas discount!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful beads!
I missed the Barbara special, darn it...
When I was young, I had a friend who went every year to Wichita to see The Nutcracker. I always envied her so much...
I still have never seen it live!

Have a great week! :)

kansasrose said...

Oh I missed that special too...love love The Nutcracker. Oldest DD and I used to"dance" to it in the living room when she was small and I was "smaller". lol Gorgeous necklace! God Bless! :)