HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Sunday, November 18, 2007

miracles

This necklace has gone to San Antonio, and I wish I were there, because if I were, I would be with my daughter. I love you Melanie! I will see you Thursday.......
Tonight, while working on jewelry, I turned on the Turner Classics and watched The Miracle Worker~which wasn't easy while trying to put beads and wire together. The classic 1962 movie with Anne Bancroft and Patti Duke. I remembered watching it as a child, but when? In 1962, I was 5! I had always remembered the scene when she finally GOT it! That her teacher was spelling words of THINGS to her. Then she wildly runs to the water pump, spelling water over and over again to her teacher, as the water coldly slashes down out of the old water pump onto their hands. Quite a scene, and quite a break thru for her teacher.
Can't imagine what a world it would be in complete darkness. What if I had never seen a single thing? How could I imagine? How could I exist? How could I love?
I am so thankful for the people I have in my life~my husband, my daughter, my mother and sisters (just to name a few-there are many). I live in a comfortable home, safe and warm. I can travel, and laugh and sing and dance. I have so much to be thankful for~my God.
Have a blessed week. It will be a good one.

4 comments:

kansasrose said...

Amen! Have a blessed Thanksgiving week my friend!

Anita said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving... The necklace is gorgeous!
I have an abundace of things to be thankful for myself, this year...:)

Anonymous said...

Bring it on!!! =)
I don't wanna wish away the days between now and Thursday ... but I can't wait to see you! I love you too!

dawn said...

well, i might love your mel more.
she just left here & God packed a whole
lotta firecracker in that little tiny body.